We are currently looking for fruit pickers to help out during our autumn season.
We grow raspberries and blackberries on our farm and are conveniently located in the beautiful Yarra Valley, only 1.5h from Melbourne CBD.
Duties will include fruit picking and packing, manual labouring when requested.
This is a great opportunity for those wanting to obtain their second or third year Working Holiday Visa.
Piece rates for fruit pickings and hourly rate for laboring
Modern Horticultural Award 2010 Piece Rate system is on offer (that is, you will be paid for kgs/trays/punnets harvested/packed) with occasional hourly depending on tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will harvest raspberries and blackberries at the farm and prepare produce for distribution. Day-to-day operations may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Select fruit for picking according to size and ripeness, and separate rotting, over-ripened or imperfect produce
• Take full responsibility for the assigned rows
• Carefully pack produce into punnets and trays, taking care to avoid damage
• Perform general farm labour such as stripping plants for aeration, weeding, thinning, pruning, removing past harvest’s crops and hanging plants for the new season.
No previous experience is needed as all training is provided on-the-job. However to be successful in this position, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Be healthy and physically fit
• Be honest, reliable and motivated
• Strong work ethic
• Enjoy practical and manual work
• Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
• Able to work quickly and consistently for long periods of time
• Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Available to work occasional weekends and public holidays
• Free from skin conditions and allergies
Number of Positions Available: 30
Please fill out an application form clicking Apply Button. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all successful candidates will be advised Late May 2020.
Looking forward to hearing from you!